Software Engineer – Data Engineering
You will join our Lab Team to build a Decentralized Marketplace of Financial Services. You will work on our Data Pipeline to create advanced real-time analytics.
Your mission will cover:
- Build distributed, high-volume data pipelines that power the core WeeFin product,
- Work all over the data flow from acquisition, preparation, processing, exposition to visualization,
- Integrate advanced analytics such as machine learning, NLP and graph processing,
- Design and build secure API to interact with external services and applications,
- Do it with the best distributed architecture that ensure security, resilience and scalability,
- Create software capabilities to facilitate end user access to data and let them build easily their own analytics and dashboards,
- Industrialize the deployment of our stack with the CD/CI and Cloud best practice,
- Share your knowledge and passion with all team members with proper documentation and talk
You have a master’s degree in computer science or computer engineering, with strong skills writing secure, maintainable and scalable code.
You can take on responsibilities and meet with your commitment. You have a passion for resilient architecture, high performance computing, distributed environment and for building great products. You enjoy working in a small team and doing a technology watch.
Preferred qualifications and competencies
You have strong knowledge in computer languages such as Java, Python, Scala or Golang. Knowledge in functional programming is very desirable.
Experience in software development best practices (clean code, refactoring, unit test) and project lifecycle (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development) is desirable. You practice agile methodology (Scrum)
You have experience with Big Data ecosystem such as Spark, Kafka, Flink, HBase, Cassandra, Avro, Elasticsearch or any equivalent NoSQL database and processing frameworks. Knowledge in Reactive/Microservice application (CQRS, Event Sourcing, Akka) and stream processing will be appreciated. You can design and develop secure web services (REST/SOAP, webservice, API, JSON).
As our stack is moving to Cloud computing, knowledge in serverless architecture and AWS managed solutions is a plus (API Gateway, Kinesis, DynamoDB, EMR, S3, Athena, …)
You have some experiences with DevOps technology and cloud infrastructure automation such as container (Docker), orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos), provisioning (terraform, cloudformation).
Excellent analytical, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills coupled with a strong work ethic.
You are an effective communicator and you like to have a wide degree of creativity and latitude.
The position is open for the beginning of 2019.
“The best way to learn swimming is to jump into the Lake”
Join us on this challenging adventure, we will give you a host of real-life experience that will be hard to get in a brand-name company.
#wevaluepeople #sustainability #decentralizedfinance #API
Location: Neuilly-Sur-Seine, Ile-de-France
Contract: Permanent position